Nice to hear that Mudraa started a Topic titled Website Design & Development. Even if I have a website hosting and Domain registration service, I know that Mudraa doesn't allow me to post such links and promote my services.
So I would like to use this post as an advise for E-commerce startups.
Please note that I am not linked with any of below given websites. Just I do info sharing..
1. If you own a small business that operates even at your home and if you intend to sell online, its not necessary to start an e-commerce store with a big capital. Instead you can goto Ebay.in, Snapdeal.com,Paytm.com,Amazon.in etc and become a seller. But they are very strict on return policy. Amazon.in needs business license, VAT, Tin etc which is not mandatory if you sell through Ebay.
2. If you wish to sell it by your own(to avoid the hard return policies of Ebay, Amazon etc.), you may need a payment gateway for accepting online payments. Payumoney.com and ccavenue.com are the best players. There is no fee to open an account, but you have to pay Annual maintenance cost(AMC) and a certain percentage for every sale (TDR). Payumoney is the cheapest option as of now. It needs some documentation like Bank statement, Undertaking letter, agreement signing etc. which can be done in 10-15 days. Both will work for domestic clients. If you have international clients and would like to accept International credit cards, you can find separate option in ccavenue.
3. Payumoney and ccavenue will allow you to add products in their backend so that you can sell without your own wesbite. All what you should do is to send such product links directly to your client's email. If you think its not a professional way, just register your own domain name, buy hosting space and then create a joomla/wordpress site with a shopping cart plugin. Also there are pure shopping cart scripts in PHP like Opencart, Tomatocart etc which you can integrate easily with your payment gateway. Note such payment gateways mostly allow you to sell physical products.
4. If you want to sell virtual products like softwares, event tickets etc., you can visit instamojo.com and signup. Instamojo also supports physical products.
5. For promoting your store/products use Facebook advertisement or Google Adsense.
Please feel free to post your comments...
Not much participation in the new section? Anyhow I am ready to help if anyone is looking a small website creation, payment gateway integration etc.
Hope nobody will take this as a self advertising.