How To Take A Meditation Nap
Here’s a quick and easy step by step to get in that zone; good for short, meditating sleeps.
- 1 STRETCH your legs for 30 seconds.
- 2 SIT on a chair or couch. If you’re at work back away from your desk a bit.
- 3 CLOSE YOUR EYES.
- 4 STRETCH your arms above your head, slowly roll your head to stretch your neck.
- 5 DEEP BREATHING – take at least 3 deep breaths in and out. Do this slowly and hold in between the in and out breath.
- 6 REST and RELAX your face, jaw, eyes and whole body.
- 7 BE AWARE HOW YOU FEEL as you relax.
- 8 CALM THE MIND. Let go of all thoughts. As thoughts come into your mind, just repeat this gentle reminder to yourself “Empty The Mind.” You may want to switch over to a word of your choosing to focus on (mantra) that will help push out other thoughts. Examples of words are Peace, Calm, Rest, Empty, Power, Strength, Love. Any word is fine. In fact the word “OM” can be helpful because it is not attached to other meanings. Whatever works for you is what is best at that moment!
- 9 IGNORE NOISES in the same way that you ignore thoughts. Repeat your mantra or “Empty the Mind.” Don’t get mad at noises, just flow with them as if they are waves under your boat of meditation.
- 10 OPEN YOUR EYES slowly after about 10-20 minutes. Take a few more deep breaths and stretch again: arms, neck, legs.